Contrast Agent for Medical Imaging
Patent Filing No.: 566/KOL/2013
1. BIRAC-SRISTI Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award, 2015
2. DST-Lockheed Martin India Innovation Growth Programme Award 2015.
Advantages of this technology
· Low cost product developed by the use of eco-friendly and biodegradable materials
· Simple technology that do not need high technical expertise.
· Is compatible with the present X-ray imaging techniques.
· Real Time monitoring of gastrointestinal tract
· Post operative non-invasive assessments of the implants for fast clinical decisions
· Product offers antibacterial property
Commercial aspects of the technology
Since, the starting materials are cheap and the process involves only one step reaction, the cost of manufacturing the product is low. Taking the channel cost and the cost to launch the product in the market, our product pricing is comparable to the existing products in the market. Our target customers are corporate/govt hospitals, radiology labs, diagnostic centre and individual doctors whereas our users are patients suffering from gastrointestinal disorders.